trial

The New Book Club!

February 18th, 2008

book1.jpgI really enjoyed the first meeting of the new book club. We had loads to discuss and lots of decisions needed to be made. It really made me think about what books I like to read and why. … but the best thing was that it brought back memories of my most favourite book ever.

I read it when I was about 10 or 11 (I think). I ‘googled’ it and found out that it was still being published, and guess what – it arrived this morning!

I’ve read a few chapters, and I think I’m going to enjoy it just as much as the first time :). I remember wishing it was bedtime so that I could take it out from under my pillow and read some more!

Basically, it’s about a girl called Marianne who is ill and confined to bed. She  doodles picture of a house. She dreams about the house that night. As the book continues, she becomes drawn into the world she has created on paper.

I wonder if any of the P7’s might enjoy it, too??

1 Comment | Uncategorized | Permalink
Posted by mrsv

Snapshots from Our Classroom?

February 16th, 2008

http://www.meez.com/home.dm

Maybe P7V could have some fun with this site  )

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

1 Comment | Uncategorized | Permalink
Posted by mrsv

Post Number 2!

January 13th, 2008

418316_typing_11.jpg Thanks to Anna and Maryam for prompting me to write this second post! I looked at my google reader account this weekend and noticed that they had both put on new posts ……….. posts that I enjoyed reading )

We’ve been making changes to our class blog, too. We’ve decided that the posts written by the P7’s should be highlighted more there. Someone pointed out that it wasn’t fair that I had 2 blogs and they only had one – I realised that this was true because the class blog was only ever updated by me. We’re going to try to make it more of a CLASS blog, where everyone has a say.

This is my blog and I should up-date it more often )

It’s going to be a busy day again tomorrow. We’ve been enjoying the new Co-operative Learning activities introduced to the classroom after the 3 day in-service training …….. it’s fun going on ‘dates’ as well )

We need to work on our ‘playscripts’, too, so that we can get the finished videos on to the Class Blog.

I wonder what the rest of P7V think about these issues? It would be great to get some feedback )

No Comments » | Uncategorized | Permalink
Posted by mrsv

My New ‘Learner’ Blog!

December 5th, 2007

This is my new ‘learner’ blog. I’ve set it up so that I can share my thoughts (and learning) with my class … and with anyone else who might care to join us )

Miss Law is going to be with our class for nine weeks next term, and she volunteered to set up a new blog, too. I think she’ll enjoy it )

My blog’s going ’live’ now – so here goes! I’m finding it difficult to think of what to write, so I’m going to start with Anna’s ‘thought of the day’ idea!

My ‘thought of the day’ is that I’m really missing Brian – number 3 son (23, but I still think of him as being 13!). He’s working in a ski resort in Canada for a while and I worry that he’s doing OK. Last night we got an email from him that made me smile:

‘Hi paw, doing fine, just buying my snowboarding gear just now. Goin into work tomorrow to see if the charger got there ok, if not i’ll email you. Saw yet another bear, it was getting chased through the village by a guy with a shotgun, but i heard later they just shoot them with little bean bags to scare them off.

brain’

………… poor bear?? What do you think?

bear2.jpg

6 Comments | Uncategorized | Permalink
Posted by mrsv

Hello world!

November 29th, 2007

Welcome to Learnerblogs.org. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

1 Comment | Uncategorized | Permalink
Posted by mrsv

Theme: Contempt by Vault9.